• Automobile and Trucking Law
• Insurance Claim Defense and Disputes
• Insurance Bad Faith
• Insurance Coverage
• Personal Injury
• Products Liability
• Environmental Law
• Employment Law
• Construction Law
• Municipality and Public Entity Liability
• Civil Mediation
• Idaho Bar Association
• American Bar Association
• American Inns of Court No. 130
• Defense Research Institute
• Idaho Association of Defense Counsel
• Transportation Lawyers of America
• Law School: University of Idaho, J.D. 1974
• Member of University of Idaho Law Review:
Author of Journalistic Privilege,
Idaho Law Review, Spring 1974
• Undergraduate: University of Maryland B.A. Public Administration, 1971
• Idaho State Bar
• United States District Court of Idaho
• United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
• United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
• United States Supreme Court
As a husband and father, Mr. Sasser has had the pleasure of sharing his love for the law with his entire family and especially two of his six adult children, who are also practicing lawyers. As a business man and entrepreneur, Mr. Sasser is also proud to have offered employment and mentorship to many staff members and attorneys for most of his professional career. Mr. Sasser has also been active in various leadership roles in many civic and church organizations, including the Boy Scouts of America.
Mr. Sasser is an avid reader of legal history and related events. A favorite quotation, which he has used in almost every trial closing argument throughout his career, is the astute observation of Chief Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, who stated: Truth does not fly in the court room on the wings of angels. It must be drug in by its heels, kicking and screaming.
• Meridian Idaho Joint School District – Represented Meridian Idaho Joint
School District in an action brought by Turn-Key, Inc. to recovery
$2,000,000 allegedly due for work relating to the construction of a high
school. The school district filed a $3,000,000 counterclaim for construction
defects and damages as a result of Turn-Key’s performance on the project.
Following a six week trial, the jury returned a defense verdict regarding
Turn-Key’s claims and a $3,000,000 verdict in favor of the school district
regarding its counterclaim.
• Pin/Nip Inc. – Represented Pin/Nip Inc. in several patent infringement
and breach of contract cases involving patents and licensing agreements,
in cases filed and tried in the U.S. Federal District Court of Idaho. These
series of cases were the first patent infringement cases ever tried in the
U.S. Federal District Court for the District of Idaho.
• Baxter Healthcare Corporation – Represented Baxter Healthcare
Corporation in numerous products liability cases filed by individuals
claiming personal injuries following use of or exposure to various products
manufactured by Baxter Healthcare Corporation.
• Owens Corning Corporation – Represented Owens Corning Corporation
and numerous other manufacturers of asbestos products against claims
for wrongful death and personal injuries allegedly caused by exposure to
• Asarco, Inc. – Represented Asarco, Inc. in actions brought by the
United States EPA and the state of Idaho pursuant to CERLCA and the
Clean Water Act for natural resource damages, allegedly resulting from
environmental contamination and damages resulting from Asarco’s mining
activities in the Coeur d’Alene Idaho basin.
• Intalco Aluminum Corporation – Represented Intalco Aluminum
Corporation in an action brought by numerous individuals alleging personal
injuries as a result of heavy metals poisoning and related claims resulting
from alleged contamination and damages to the Plaintiffs' property from
Intalco’s mining activities and operations at the Blackbird Mine located in
• Southern Refrigerated Transport Co. – Represented Southern
Refrigerated Transport Co. in an action brought by the state of Idaho to
recover for alleged damages to the environment, fish and other natural
habitat lost as a result of toxic material spilled into the Payette River in
• Mammoet Canada Western, Ltd. – Represented Mammoet Canada
Western, Ltd., the transporter of oil manufacturing equipment for
ExxonMobil and Marathon Oil in an administrative proceeding before the
Idaho Transportation Department to obtain permitting authority for
Mammoet to transport “megaloads” of equipment through
North Idaho for passage to the Kearl Oil Sands in Alberta, Canada.
M. Michael Sasser
Mr. Sasser began his forty year legal career as a Deputy Prosecuting Attorney with the Ada County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office in Boise, Idaho. After practicing in a Boise law firm for several years, in 1982 Mr. Sasser established his own firm in Boise, Idaho, where he continues to practice law as the Founding and Senior Partner of Sasser & Inglis, P.C.
Mr. Sasser’s practice concentrates on a broad range of civil and commercial litigation, with special emphasis on construction law, employment law, environmental law, products liability actions, personal injury, bad faith claims, and other insurance defense litigation disputes.
Mr. Sasser is rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell for the past 20 years. He has tried over 100 cases during his legal career.